Mexico – An Exciting Tourist Destination
As far as the statistic of International tourist arrivals in the Americas is concerned, the numbers in Mexico fall only second to the US. At least going by the 2013 records, countries like Canada, Argentina, Brazil and others, fall well below Mexico. That is according to World tourist rankings. Looking at 2013 visitors at a global level, Mexico did well than Greece, South Korea, Japan, India, and many other countries that have a ‘safe’ label.
Could the more than 23 million international tourists who visited Mexico have been all ignorant about Mexico’s state of security? Very unlikely – such numbers actually serve as a vote of confidence in Mexico as a tourist destination. In fact, according to the Prominix report, the US has assault cases five times as many as those of Mexico.
Other factors that underline Mexico’s normal state of affairs
Many Canadians and citizens of the US who seek facts in statistics realize that Mexico is as good and as bad as any other country. So they usually just log online in search of a car rental company, ready to organize their next holiday. They even hunt their Mexican insurers online to speed up the search.
Here are a few comparisons:
- While English is the main language of communication in the US, Spanish is the language of Mexico. However, while literacy level in the US is 99%, in Mexico it is 86.1% – not a world of difference.
- While life expectancy in the US is 78.5yrs, in Mexico it is 76.9yrs; again not a significant difference.
- When it comes to sins of obesity, Mexico’s go up to 32.1% whereas for the US goes up to 33%.
What these statistics show is that there is nothing so much out of the normal as far as Mexico is concerned. And so, all you need to do when you are thinking of visiting Mexico, is learn the requirements of the law and do what is necessary. Above that, consider the obvious facts, like appreciating that you cannot make long distance travel in a junk of a car and so you get yourself a good car for your trip.
Here are some things that will whet your appetite for a Mexican holiday:
- The country has a whole 23,657 kilometers of beautiful coastline
- It has warm beaches with soft sand and its resorts are of international standard
- It has friendly, welcoming people
- It has rich historical sites, some of which have been well preserved under UNESCO
- Mexico rates high internationally as far as medical services are concerned; high quality medical care at affordable rates. So, you need not worry about traveling when you are managing a medical condition.
- There are professional travel agents in the US and Canada that can organize your travel to Mexico and give you the assurance you need about specific places of interest; like the beaches of Cancun, Acapulco, Baja region and other areas.
- There are car rental companies with reliable vehicles, in the US, who let you drive their car into Mexico at a fee.
Do Not Forget Your Mexican Auto Insurance
If you are planning to visit Mexico by car it is important that you purchase Mexican auto insurance before you start your journey. It is illegal to drive on the roads in Mexico, without valid Mexican auto insurance. Your auto insurance from Canada or the United States are not valid in Mexico.Mexican insurance can be bought online, at the border or from an insurance broker. You can click here to purchase your Mexican auto insurance.
There are also insurance agents in the US who sell Mexican auto insurance to anyone traveling to Mexico. Such agents monitor the legal changes, so that they sell you the right size of policy. As at now, Mexico demands that anyone driving in the country should have Mexican car insurance that is equal to, or more than, $300,000.
Generally speaking, you need not do anything more while travelling in Mexico than you would do in any US city you are visiting for the first time. For instance, it would be unwise to walk in a dark alley in any city anywhere in the world. It would be even worse, as a visitor, to risk breaking the law. In short, if you are a law abiding visitor who is alive to the reality of human behavior in general, you will love Mexico and make return trips after your first one.