Unforgettable Travel To Mexico
A trip to Mexico will be an unforgettable experience. The country has so much to offer the average tourist and even more if you like adventure. It has been blessed with a mild climate and teamed with its rich culture, this will be a holiday you will remember forever.
Mexico may be at the southern tip of America, but its culture cannot be more different than that of Canada and the US. It offers travelers the most beautiful, pristine, white-sand beaches you could find anywhere, along with mountains and evidence of its rich cultural past.
One of the best methods to enjoy this country is to not only visit the beaches, but travel inland to the quaint, ancient Mexican towns. Here you will find a completely different environment, compared to the busy, tourist-packed coastline areas. You will also be able to save money as it is not as expensive as the more popular areas.
One of the areas you should consider is Guanajuato. This charming city has a distinct Spanish atmosphere and is dotted with structures based on colonial architecture. The city started as a mining camp, but has grown over the years. It remains hugely undiscovered by foreign tourists, but is an extremely popular weekend trip for locals from other cities in Mexico. This is a safe city to visit and the locals are extremely receptive to visitors.
Still, many people are apprehensive about traveling to the country as horror stories abound.
These fears remain mostly unfounded. On average, Mexico is a safe travel destination. The country has had its share of public violence, but most of these activities are related to drugs and occur mainly in the areas close to the border, such as Cuidad Juarez and Tijuana. Visitors are generally not targeted during these incidences.
One of the Most Visited Countries
Mexico remains in the top 10 list of most-visited countries globally and attracts around 20 million visitors on an annual basis. If it was not safe for tourists, the millions would not visit it. This does not imply that it is crime-free and it is possible for tourists to fall victim to petty crime. To avoid this, you should heed some safety trips when you travel to Mexico, such as:
- Planning your trip carefully. All the information you require can be found on the internet and you should plan thoroughly. Provide a member of your family or friends with a copy of your itinerary, in the event of a mishap
- Choose accommodation with a reputable provider
- Do not pack unnecessary items as you want to travel light because it makes it easy to keep an eye on your belongings and move around
- Make photocopies of your travel documents and any other important papers you are carrying with you
- Ensure that you have contact numbers for you bank and credit card providers. Do not keep all your cash on your person
- Remember to activate your mobile for international usage
- Check your insurance coverage. This includes obtaining Mexican auto insurance if you intend travelling on the country’s roads. You can obtain this online at a very reasonable cost and it will be worth the cost if you are involved in an accident. Mexican auto insurance is as important as ensuring that your passport is valid. You can click here to purchase Mexican auto insurance.